I think 2012 is going to be a fabulous year. A lot has happened since I wrote my 2011 goals so I believe 2012 is going to be a year of major changes. Here are my goals.
- Launch my redesigned website with the help of On The Beaton Path and Base Zero Productions.
- Publish two books on Kids Genealogy Lessons. One for elementary aged students and one for high school aged students.
- Work on a couple of other book ideas.
- Continue to blog and write articles for Examiner.com.
- Encourage my clients to create family history books. Several are doing this already based on research I am conducting.
- Purchase and learn to use InDesign so I can create books more easily for myself and my clients.
- Continue to volunteer with genealogy societies.
- Finish the NGS Home Study Course by April 2012.
- Finish ProGen Study Group in April 2012.
- Present at the DuPage County (IL) Genealogical Society and Fountaindale Library’s general meetings in January and February.
- Attend and present at the DuPage County (IL) Genealogical Society Conference in February.
- Attend and present at Genealogy Day at the Fountaindale Library in April.
- Attend the NGS Conference in May.
- Attend the FGS Conference in August.
- Attend the ISGS Conference in October. I am assisting with the Kids committee.
- Work more Missouri research into my business.
- Continue writing articles to submit to various genealogical journals.
- Write for at least one new journal in 2012.
- Publish at least one new tip sheet.
- Continue to bring new people into the world of genealogy both online and in real life.
- Start writing my family’s history to compile into a book.
Wow, that is a long list of goals. But I think it is possible. I’ll post updates throughout 2012 on my progress.