I am working with a two companies, On the Beaton Path and Base Zero Productions, to build a brand new website which will hopefully launch by April 1. When the website launches I will have a way to easily collect email addresses for the new newsletter I will be launching by June.
By April 1 I also plan to launch four new genealogy books.
- Branching Out: Kids Genealogy for Elementary Students Lessons 1-15
- Branching Out: Kids Genealogy for Elementary Students Lessons 16-30
And for the high school age group.
- Branching Out: Kids Genealogy for High School Students Lessons 1-15
- Branching Out: Kids Genealogy for High School Students Lessons 16-30.
These books will consist of genealogy lessons written for teachers, homeschool parents, and anyone else who wants to teach children about genealogy. The books begin with the basics of how to get started and move up through basic sources and evidence into the major record types. The books are not meant to be the end all be all of teaching genealogy. They are meant to give your child or student the foundation in which they can proceed to research for the rest of their life.
Each lesson contains a goal, vocabulary (if needed), reading assignment, somewhat brief lesson, a make it personal section incorporating history, and an assignment. These same elements exist in the high school version with additional reading, assignments and discussion.
I am also beginning to work on PowerPoint Presentations which can be used in conjunction with the books for the more visual/hands-on learners, as a way to move through parts of the lessons.
All of these items will be available for sale by April 1 via paperpack books, EPub and PDF downloads and PowerPoint Presentation downloads through various avenues. I will also be selling the books at an author fair locally in April. More details to come on that.
If you would like to stay informed of the progress and official launch date, please email me and I will add you to a mailing list for the launch. When the new website is launched, you will be able to sign up for the newsletter if you choose.
- Beginning Casefile Clues Genealogy Resource (examiner.com)
- Tony’s Schaumburg Library Genealogy Group (examiner.com)
- Kids Genealogy: Evaluating Records and Information (examiner.com)
- Kids Genealogy: The Family Unit (examiner.com)