Are you looking for a FREE day of genealogy fun and education? If so, you should register for the the Fountaindale Library’s Genealogy Day on Saturday!
Debra Dudek has planned for you to hear four speakers, which includes me, enter a giveaway for door prizes, explore the vendor room and purchase books which may be signed by the speaker authors!
My Branching Out book series and my To Soar with the Tigers book will be available for purchase and signing at Genealogy Day. My two newest books, Branching Out: Genealogy Lessons for Adults and Engaging the Next Generation: A Guide for Genealogy Societies and Libraries will be available by May 8, and will hopefully be available for sale at the NGS conference. Watch my blog and website for more details on purchasing these two new books.
Who will be there?
- Jennifer Holik presenting Finishing The Story. I will present three case studies on my ancestors who died during World War I and World War II and tell you how I was able to tell their stories.
- Jeanne Bloom presenting Lost Children: Orphans, Vagrants, Delinquents, Half-Orphans, Dependents, Surrendered, Adopted
- Craig Pfannkuche presenting Digging Grandma’s Privy for Family History Information
- Jane Haldeman presenting From Land Records to Google Earth: Mapping Your Family’s Place
Bring a brown-bag lunch or pre-order lunch from Brooks Cafe at the library. Beverages will be provided.
Registration is limited so call the library at 630-685-4176 today! Hope to see you there!
- Generations Publishes Six Kids Books (chicagofamilyhistory.wordpress.com)