I received the following email from Lake Claremont Press about their new subscription service. Please check it out. Reprinted with permission.
In honor of our 20th anniversary in 2014, Lake Claremont Press is rolling out a new subscription program for its two new titles each year. (To read more about our two new books for 2014, Good Old Neon: Signs You’re in Chicago and City Within a City: The Biography of Marina City, click here.)
The subscription will not affect our books’ availability in the marketplace. Our new and backlist titles will continue to be available through local bookstores, gift shops, and specialty stores; from Amazon and other online retailers; directly from us (including at www.lakeclaremont.com); and at your local libraries.
If you like Lake Claremont Press books, our mission, our parties, and the convenience of a subscription–and know Chicago books make great gifts–read on to consider whether becoming a Lake Claremont Press subscriber is right for you.
Annual Subscriber Benefits:
- Print copies of Lake Claremont Press’s 2 new releases each year.
- 1 copy of each of the 2 new releases of the year mailed directly to your home or office upon publication.
- Invitation for you and a guest to the 2 book release parties, which will now be subscriber-only.
- 50% off on all backlist titles purchased directly from us.
- 75% off bookstore returns/hurts purchased directly from.
- Once a book’s titles have been announced for the year, you may request in writing by mail or email to substitute 2 backlist titles for any new book you do not wish to receive.
- Subscribe/unsubscribe at any time.
- This is not a limited-time offer. It is the offer–the new subscription option–and will always be available.
- Subscription fee is $40.
- To subscribe online with PayPal, click here, then click on the Subscribe button on the left hand side of the page about half way down.
- You may also subscribe by calling or emailing us with your credit card information or by mailing a check or money order.
- Subscribe before or at this year’s Printers Row Lit Fest (June 7 and June 8), and receive an invitation for you and a guest to our 20th anniversary party in the fall.
Thanks for reading and please share with the other Chicago lovers in your life.
Sharon Woodhouse, publisher
Celebrating our 20th anniversary publishing Chicago in 2014
The book is the medium.