Jennifer Holik has more than 20 years of research and writing experience. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in History from Missouri University of Science and Technology. She provides genealogical, historical, and military research services. Her specialties are Chicago research, Italians in Chicago, and World War II. Through in-depth research and analysis she can help you piece together the stories of your family. Jennifer is also on staff at the World War II History Network.
Jennifer offers expert research services and provides clients with detailed and fully cited reports with documents, record analysis, and suggestions for further research. She has the rare expertise to locate, analyze, and interpret World War II records across all branches, reconstruct service history, document where a soldier was throughout service, provide details on combat experience, and when necessary, document the death and burial of a soldier. Connecting the dots and piecing together multiple puzzle pieces of a soldier’s story is Jennifer’s specialty. In addition, she can write and publish a book about your family or soldier. Email for rates.
Speaking and Education
Do you need a speaker for your meeting? Jennifer speaks often at genealogy societies, libraries, Rotary groups, corporations, and other venues. Her current program topics include beginning genealogy, youth genealogy, and World War II. Learn more about her lectures.
Want to provide a full day of World War II programming? Jennifer is now booking full-day events in which she will present over the course of four hours:The Day That Lived in Infamy. Navigating World War II Military Records; Finishing the Story; Stories of the Lost; and provide one hour of Q&A to program attendees. Attendees will be asked to bring their World War II documents, brick walls, and questions for this part of the program. Email for rates and program dates.
Jennifer’s passion is writing the stories of families, particularly men and women of World War II. She has published several books and guides to date and is the author of The In-Depth Genealogist Magazine column Stories from the Battlefield.
Writing services include:
- Writing – articles, blog posts, biographies, books
- Book projects for clients: Photo books, biographies, family histories, military stories
- Project management and Coaching
- Organization of materials
- Content suggestions
- Research and research plans
- InDesign Layout
- Book review and proofing services
- Self-publishing assistance
Course Writing Services
Jennifer was on the faculty of the National Institute for Genealogical Studies and over the last three years wrote many courses, some not yet available online, which include:
- Business Skills: Creating a Genealogy Business
- Business Skills: Career Development: Choosing a Niche-Part I
- Business Skills: Career Development: Choosing a Niche-Part II
- Creating Genealogy Programs for Adults and the Younger Generation
- Personal Historian: Telling the Stories
- Research: American World War II Ancestors – Part I
- Research: American World War II Ancestors – Part II
- Writing for Genealogy: Articles, Blogs, Research Reports and so much more
Contact Jennifer for information and fees for research, speaking, and writing services.
©2015, Jennifer Holik