What’s New with the Ricigliano Project?
I have been receiving many comments of old Rigi Project posts and thought it was time for an update and project proposal.
- I met with a few Rigi’s recently to go through most of the old photos I scanned and put on my website. We were able to identify and update many photo captions. Please take a look and feel free to email me with additions or corrections.
- One of my Rigi clients and I hired Mary Tedesco of Origins Italy. As part of her fall 2014 client research trip to Italy, Mary spent several days in Italy researching the main lines of this client. She returned with over 450 documents (Church and Civil vital records and military records.) She also extended the main lines for this client several generations. She has plans to continue her work for us on her next trip.
- We extended the surnames on my client’s direct line and collateral lines. The primary surnames we have for this client are: Serritella, DeLeonardis, Malpede, Pacelli, Catino (Catena), Mennella (Mendella/Menella), Palumbo, Gorga, Meccia, Ferrone, Marzone, Turtoriello/Tortoriello/etc., Zaccardo, De Laurentis, Ramundo (Muro Lucano), Iacullo, Parillo, Sangiacomo, Bagnuolo. There are MANY other Rigi names within the collateral lines also.
Rose Serritella and Daniel DeLeonardis
Mary and I are working on a potential Rigi research trip in which she would spend research time in Italy only working on Rigi lines in the Salerno Archives and in the towns of Ricigliano and Muro Lucano. I have worked with many Rigi clients in Chicago, and many others across the country have provided information through email or the blog posts. All of the information accumulated the last four years is in one database, which easily allows me to manage multiple Rigi client projects at once. I created one database because so many families merged through multiple marriages and siblings in one family marrying siblings in another.
If you are interested in working with Mary and I, please contact me. I am working with my current client, who Mary is researching for, to gather a group together. I would be managing the project and would be:
- Analyzing the information each new client provides to see how it merges into what has already been done. Each new client would need to provide a copy of their family tree and documentation gathered relating to the line(s) or problems they wish to have researched and solved.
- Updating the database/family tree.
- Working with the client to set research goals.
- Providing the specific goals of each client with all necessary information and documentation to Mary, to analyze and determine a suggested number of research days and cost per client.
- After the trip, Mary would provide me with the documentation and her report. I would then update the database and provide all information to the client with Mary’s report and documentation for that specific client.
In essence, you are hiring me to manage the project and also Mary to pull the information.
If you are interested in learning more, please email me.
© 2015, Jennifer Holik, Woodridge, IL