Jennifer Holik has more than 20 years of research and writing experience. She provides genealogical, historical, and military research services. Her specialties are Chicago research, Italians in Chicago, Women, and World War II. Through in-depth research and analysis she can help you piece together the stories of your family. She is also on staff at the World War II History Network.
World War II Records Analysis
Jennifer offers consultation, analysis, and a research plan on your World War II records to assist you in furthering your research or writing your soldier’s story. Email for rates (minimum of two hours.)
Speaking and Education
Do you need a speaker for your meeting? Jennifer speaks often at genealogy societies, libraries, Rotary groups, corporations, and other venues. Her current program topics include beginning genealogy, youth genealogy, and World War II. Learn more about her lectures.
Looking to provide a full day of World War II programming? Jennifer is now booking full-day events in which she will present over the course of four hours:The Day That Lived in Infamy. Navigating World War II Military Records; Finishing the Story; Stories of the Lost; and provide one hour of Q&A to program attendees. Attendees will be asked to bring their World War II documents, brick walls, and questions for this part of the program. Email for rates and program dates.
Jennifer’s passion is writing the stories of families, particularly men and women of World War II. She is the author of The In-Depth Genealogist Magazine column Stories from the Battlefield.
Writing services include:
- Project management and Coaching
- Organization of materials
- Content suggestions
- Research and research plans
- InDesign Layout
- Book review and proofing services
- Self-publishing assistance
Course Writing Services
Jennifer is on the faculty of the National Institute for Genealogical Studies and over the last three years has written many courses, some not yet available online, which include:
- Business Skills: Creating a Genealogy Business
- Business Skills: Career Development: Choosing a Niche-Part I
- Business Skills: Career Development: Choosing a Niche-Part II
- Creating Genealogy Programs for Adults and the Younger Generation
- Personal Historian: Telling the Stories
- Research: American World War II Ancestors – Part I
- Research: American World War II Ancestors – Part II
- Writing for Genealogy: Articles, Blogs, Research Reports and so much more
Contact Jennifer for information and fees for research, speaking, and writing services.
Jennifer volunteers as the Genealogy Department Manager at Casa Italia. There she hosts monthly writing and genealogy programs.
Jennifer is a member of the following museums, communities, and organizations.
Association of Professional Genealogists
Chicago Writer’s Association
Military Writers Society of America
Pritzker Military Museum and Library (Chicago)
World War II History Network
©2014, Jennifer Holik